Things which amused or interested me today:
- Omnibot 2000
May 10, 2010 – Oh my. Such a robot of the 80s.
- a.farnum-news – Los Angeles Magazine – It’s the Apocalypse!!
May 10, 2010 – Wow. What would you need for the apocalypse?
- #30482 – leaf tie, by lufdesign, is a botanically…
May 10, 2010 – Ooh, like very much. I can imagine a data center filled with these.
- #30540 – A plant cube in Getafe, Spain is situated above…
May 10, 2010 – I love this idea. I wonder if it saves enough energy to pay for its upkeep.
- YouTube – Mercury Arc Rectifier
May 10, 2010 – Yeow. This is how they used to convert AC to DC current before silicon chips; like most of the commenters say, this looks like it belongs in a spaceship (or perhaps a DeLorean), but actually works to supply power to older electric trains. Too bad this type of rectifier is noisy, inefficient, and sometimes leaks mercury. Via http://blog.makezine.com/ and http://laughingsquid.com/ .
- Beard Revue
May 9, 2010 – Fontstaches
- Manly Guys Doing Manly Things – 02/22/2010
May 9, 2010 – Poor Kratos. It’s so hard to unlearn.
- Magritte says…
May 9, 2010 – Aha. That’s what was going on in that picture.