Things which amused or interested me today:
- Ninjabread Men Cookie Cutters
August 25, 2010 – I may have to invest in some cookie cutters.
- Deed The Inky – Homeopaths Are One In A Million
August 25, 2010 – Yeah….
- Visa Testing NFC Memory Cards for Wireless Payments
August 24, 2010 – Now this is interesting; a tiny addon for your existing (non-iPhone) phone to enable payments. Not a bad idea.
- Infographic: The Geosocial Universe
August 24, 2010 – Highly interesting…
- Now HP Wants 3PAR, Will Pay $1.6 Billion
August 24, 2010 – Yow. I have more confidence in HP being able to do something useful with 3par than Dell; either way, it’ll be interesting.
- Greatest road trip sign ever
August 24, 2010 – I could have used this so much as a kid.
- why GNU grep is fast
August 24, 2010 – Yes! Every good programmer should know this; as Mike (author of this e-mail) says later on, “The key to making programs fast is to make them do practically nothing. ;-)”
(Also, for big files, adding –mmap to grep’s cmdline may not be a bad idea.)