Things which amused or interested me today:
- Shape names
March 23, 2010 – Aha. So that’s what that one’s called. (thank you http://reddit.com )
- How the Health Care Overhaul Could Affect You – Graphic – NYTimes.com
March 23, 2010 – I still can’t find the part about stripping the Bill of Rights and turning us all into Communists. Maybe that part was printed with invisible ink.
- Buying an Ad on Fox News is Easier Than You Think – Slate – Gawker
March 23, 2010 – I’m trying to wrap my head around the surreality of this. In theory anyone with enough money can buy TV airtime. But this puts a method and even a price on it, which somehow makes it more real.
- A sweet problem: Princeton researchers find that high-fructose corn syrup prompts considerably more weight gain
March 23, 2010 – This seems to confirm what I’ve suspected. HFCS and sugar both contain sucrose and fructose, but in table sugar, the two are chemically bonded, and require an extra metabolic step to separate. So HFCS is more readily (and easily/effortlessly) absorbed than plain old table sugar. Table sugar for the win!
March 23, 2010 – HappyTortoise!
- The Muppets Build Manhattan
March 23, 2010 – Yay, the muppets!
- FFFFOUND! | Irrelephant – While you weren't listening
March 22, 2010 – Unrelated to elephants.
- McSweeney's Internet Tendency: Chaucer Tweets the South By Southwest Festival.
March 22, 2010 – Ah, Chaucer, you anti-hipster hipster you.