Shortish linkdump tonight, mainly because I wanted to post the video at the end.
- Six ways to get ahead this year — new years’ resolutions that makes sense for anyone working at a company. I try to do a few of these already, but more don’t hurt. And they’re not as smarmy as the “Is this good for the company?” banner in Office Space. Via The Consumerist.
- In keeping with the motivational theme today, we have a set of Hunter S. Thompson Motivational Posters. I like Professionalism, Courage, and Living, myself. Via Reddit.
- These Special Sysadmin Tools are amusing. Hint: Don’t actually run them. Via Reddit.
- American football shouldn’t be called that. It should be called Hand Egg. Via Reddit.
- OK, so it’s not so short after all. Next we’ve got transparent duct tape.
- And then we have a device that provides seven days of continuous glucose monitoring with a single sensor, for my diabetic friends.
- Last, we’ve got the ever-equipmented Vincent Laforet, who’s currently using a mix of Canon and Red equipment (sometimes both) to shoot a surfing short. See some behind the scenes footage for more creative photo gear combinations.
OK — here’s the video. I’m a fan of Eddie Izzard and Dara O’Briain for smart stand-up comedy; tonight on Videosift, I find that they’ve been posting stand-up clips from Bill Bailey, who up till now I’ve only seen in clips from QI. (Go sign their petition to release the DVD in the US — want intelligent funnythings on TV please!). Play. Laugh. Enjoy.
Bill Bailey on “Acts of God” rental insurance clauses:
And Bill Bailey on Britain: