Yugh. So this week I’ve been slowly succumbing to an actual being sick — the flu or something.
Today it got to the point where I just had to sleep it off, and I do feel better for it.
Some links I’ve been collecting slowly over the week:
- This has been all over for a bit, but Keith Loutit posted a bunch of tilt-shift videos that are really interesting looking; the videos mess with your sense of perspective to make it seem like you’re watching a dollhouse come to life.
- Ten ways to look fabulous in pictures. I need to start practicing this. Via Digg.
- From the “Wait, what?” department, a smart car monster truck.
- See, here’s what you need to do if you have insane amounts of money. Set up the ultimate personal library. Not buy crappy crystal-blinged laptops and cellphones. Via Digg.
- This is just sweet; a soldier returning from Iraq after 14 months sets up a camera to record his dogs’ reaction. Via Digg.
- Thirteen lessons to teach your child about digital photography, which aren’t bad for the non-child photographer, either.
- The Year in Beer, an examination of beer drinking in America, with some fascinating visual representations. Via Reddit.
- If you’re feeling blue, why not try some Desktop Blues? (Keep the radio on.). Via Miss Cellania.
- Here are a bunch of movie and videogame themes played on various instruments… the one-handed Pirates of the Caribbean theme, and the Pulp Fiction theme (Misrilou) played on the Ud (a middle-eastern guitar) are my favorites. Via Miss Cellania.
Via I have seen the whole of the internet, the world’s worst movie chase scene, ever.
And in keeping with the 70s theme, via YesButNoButYes, a Japanese commercial for MANDOM, starring Charles Bronson.