Today was all about putzing. Here are some links:
- Some excellent painting-with-light photographs, via Reddit.
- The customer is not always right, and sometimes other customers help prove it. (via Digg)
- A neat TV ad for UK companyHovis Bread. (via Digg)
- Porn, made safe for work, by Diesel. Well, kind of safe. (via Digg)
- A scientist and classicist finds that the ancients knew more about scientific principles than we typically think. (via Reddit)
- A dog, possibly in the Netherlands, escapes and breaks his buddies out of jail too.. (via Reddit)
- A Japanese artist makes some beautiful steampunky watches. (via NOTCOT)
- And on that note, Lisa Katayama blogs about a quick and dirty Japanese humor tutorial, which explains some of the goofy game shows one sees, like the one included in that post.
- And as long as we’re in the realm of odd videos, here’s another: Disney’s 1946 film on menstruation.
- I’m amused by this Everything is OK caution tape. (via NOTCOT.)
Finally, I can’t embed this one, but you can go watch (the link to the movie is at the bottom of the page) — it’s a video of people getting punched in the face taken in slow motion with a high-speed camera. Strangely mesmerizing, even though I’m not normally an advocate of this sort of behavior.
More tomorrow or so!