Yesterday, I discovered that puff pastry and mascarpone cheese don’t have sugar in them. I tried making a blueberry turnover using frozen blueberries, puff pastry sheets, and mascarpone cheese, all from trader joe’s, in the toaster oven at work. The pastry came out OK and was wonderfully buttery; but the only sweetness came from the blueberries. I suppose it was um, healthier for me, but next time I’m adding sugar.
- Here’s a table with channels for marbles, or peas, or whatever you might want.
- An experiment in how to tie pay to productivity involving three economists and a farmer. Via kottke.
- Flashbang Studios is making a video game involving jetpacks and brontosaurs.
- Questionable Christmas Tree ornaments from Bronner’s. A menorah? I think somebody’s unclear on the concept.
- This guy covered his apartment’s floor with contact paper, then drew his own design. Very well done. (via Digg)
- Hooray! My link dumps don’t fit neatly into any of the ten worst types of blog posts!
- Reasonably well-done papercraft of various famous characters, via Super Punch.
- Here’s a gross idea — a sandwich bag with green splotches to make your lunch unappetizing enough that co-workers won’t steal it. Via reddit.
- Scott Adams of Dilbert fame commissioned a survey of 500 economists to determine which presidential candidate they think would be better for the US Economy. The interesting (and unfortunately ‘no duh’ part) is that on the part where they were asked to rank the big issues that’ll affect the economy, the issue that got the highest amount of concern was education. Fix that and the rest will follow. (via Slashdot).
More tomorrow, I hope!