Today was a very lazy day. I took the day off work again and didn’t get much done, but that’s OK. I did make up another batch of yuzu curd; my plan is to do something interesting for a party this weekend, but I’m not entirely sure what yet. I may also steal some tonight to top some blackberries I got at a local market.
- PNFS looks like a very interesting technology to watch; it’s partly supported by NetApp, and looks like the idea is to take what StorNext does with separating out metadata and data on a filesystem, but be more agnostic about where the file data lives (including on NFS servers instead of just fiber channel disk).
- Every now and then I re-stumble across English Russia, a photoblog of interesting things that happen in the countries of the former USSR. This post shows some soviet ideas for an airship-based postal system (how wonderfully steampunk!). This next one has some beautiful amateur (or at least non-professional) photography of the areas currently involved in the Russian/Georgian conflict.
- TorsoPants! and last chance TorsoPants!. I might actually order one or two of these. (via JWZ)
- An experiment with photo portraits lit only by lightning goes either wrong, or right. (via Digg)
- Pictures of hollywood stars modified to look like they were drawn in an anime. Vaguely creepy. (via Digg)
- The Daily Mail experiments with how Michael Jackson should look if he hadn’t had all that plastic surgery. (via Mental Floss).
- If we ever end up with a working fireplace again, I want a set of these andirons (which I just relearned as a new word). Via NOTCOT.