Today was just a day. Tomorrow I will make oreo pots-de-creme.
- Crazy but reasonable hacks to get cross-country data replication working for Facebook — I don’t use ‘em, but they’re doing interesting things to keep up with their user load. (via Reddit)
- This looks tapestryshopp’d. (via Reddit)
- New York’s going to start replacing their current streetlights with these slick LED streetlights. Always a fan of the LEDs. (via Gizmodo)
- Milwaukee unveiled the Bronze Fonz (via SFgate)
- The world’s most elusive human being (via Digg)
- Zero Punctuation is my favorite video game reviewer, and his latest review is out. (via Digg)
And some food-related yumminess. The other night, I made some fried bananas with half-assed mock devonshire cream (I didn’t have enough of the ingredients for mock devonshire cream, so I threw enough bits together so it tasted good); but these grilled chocolate banana boats look really good. (via SlashFood).
Because it’s summer, and alcohol tends to dehydrate me more than make me enjoy it, I’m probably going to try my hand at these mocktails later this week too. Ah, plans.